A FREE POST-QUARANTINE CELEBRATION
So, not having that thing in the desert to look forward to kinda sucks.
Which got us thinking… was there was something we could do about it? Was there a way to give us all something to be hopeful and excited about again?
WE THINK SO. AND THAT IS WHAT THIS POST IS ABOUT.
We are super happy to tell you all that we will be hosting a free celebration inspired and guided by the 10 Principles* in San Francisco as soon as it is legally and morally responsible to do so. We’re calling it “Flaming Bird.” It is a celebration of an overdue return home after a long difficult period – and seeing as self-immolating birds have a reputation for resiliency, we thought it would be a good spirit for all of us to capture as we try to get through this.
SO THERE ARE 3 THINGS THAT NEED TO HAPPEN TO MAKE THIS A REALITY:
- We need to have a venue where we can come together.
- We need to take care of the logistical work and costs associated with a celebration like this.
- We need participation from you, the community.
As our gift to the community, the Fluffy Crew over here is going to take care of items #1 and #2, which means we really just need you – the community, to join us, to participate. Although all we can guarantee right now is that the Cloud will be there, if you help us spread the word and volunteer your own experiences, art, etc – your gifts, we can make this something very special. So please do fill out the participation form at the bottom of this page or via the links and join us.
We cannot commit to a precise date because the world is still in flux, but we have the venue on board, we are able to set up on incredibly short notice, and we WILL make this happen. We don’t know when this will happen, none of us do, but what we do know is that the world can’t stay shut forever and sooner or later we’re going to be allowed to come together again – and when we are, we’ll be there to welcome you back.
TO KICK US OFF, HERE ARE SOME DETAILS:
- This is NOT a secret/underground event. As such will aim to pick a date as soon as authorities allow, the speed will mostly be dictated by permitting. Although we usually prefer safety third, this time it has to come first.
- The event will be governed by the 10 Principles. As such there will be no commercialization – ie, absolutely no money, no merchandise, nothing. All activities and gifts must be brought by participants. Likely making this a BYOB event – we are working out those details.
- It will be a full day/night event (but no living/camping)
- We have space for a good bit of “camps” to join us to share their interactivity, as well as space for art installations. If you’re interested in joining us please fill out the form!
- We will find some randomized method of distributing the free passes, ideas from the community are welcome here as we want to make it fair and capacity will be limited – so please make sure to fill out the form if you want to come and/or contribute ideas! As with the thing in the desert, participation = pass access!
- We will post updates here and through the email list as we have more to share.
If you’d like to join us, or even more importantly if you’d like to participate please fill out the form, and we’ll be in touch shortly with more details!